Friday, October 2, 2009

Pippi's Amusing Antics


Pippi is a very smart dog with some very amusing antics. As I was sitting in the kitchen, typing away on my laptop, a cool breeze blew in through the open window. Pippi, who was lying with her back against window sill, lifted her head and pointed it daintily out the window, enjoying the gentle wind and sound of the wind chimes. Her ear perked up when the chimes quieted down. It was as it she was thinking, 'hey, where did that nice ringing noise go?' The breeze continued to blow and Pippi, head still inclined out the window, lay back down again.

Not much later, I was still sitting in the kitchen with my laptop when Pippi got up rather abruptly and let out a small woof. This was her way of indicating that someone was at the door. I followed her to the genkan to find a delivery man from the grocery store. I stood there while he unloaded the groceries from his cart. Pippi, on the other hand, had different ideas. She promptly picked up one of my dad's running shoes and sat down in the doorway. Pippi absolutely loves food. I think that by this action, she was saying 'don't leave until you've given us the food.' When the delivery man was ready to leave, I had to shut her out of the doorway, from which she was quite reluctant to leave.

Then, of course, Pippi had to go check out the groceries. In an very orderly fashion, Pippi systematically stuck her head into each of the shopping bags, one by one. Perhaps she had hoped that there would have been something for her to consume, say, maybe, an open jar of peanut-butter?

No comments:

Post a Comment