Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Meal of White


All day today, I've been trying to come up with a good subject for today's post. I didn't come up with an idea that I was happy with until I was waiting for Dad at the cash register in Media Supermarket. In one hand I was holding tofu and in the other I was holding a square-shaped cheese. I looked down and noticed that they were both white. Then it came to me! I was going to write a blog entry about an entirely white meal. When we went to the gelato store, I specifically chose a white flavor to complete my dinner.
I recently discovered tofu when I snuck a bite Mom's a few months ago. Since then, I have only eaten one brand of tofu. That is, until tonight. Tonight I decided to be adventurous, and purchased a different type. Unfortunately, my experiment did not exactly go as planned. The tofu was a little bit too watery and silky for my taste. Oh well, I'll just have to repeat the investigation.
The next element of repast was the cheese. This cheese was almost a perfect cube, a rather unusual shape, in my opinion. The cheese had a nice mild flavor and I think that the rest of my family liked it too.
Now for dessert. The gelato flavor that I chose was cookie-framboise. I'd never seen this type before, and was curious to try it. The name was appealing, after all. This flavor had a white ice cream base (not vanilla, I'm not sure exactly what it was). It had a little bit raspberry sauce mixed in and had crushed chocolate-chip cookie on top of it, too. It was mind-bogglingly delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment