Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Biking in Chiba


A couple weekends ago, part of my ninth grade class at school went on a bike trip along the Chiba coast.

On Saturday morning, after a filling breakfast of pancakes, we got on our mountain bikes and headed out. After pedaling inland for a couple hours, going up and then down again, through tunnels and over hills, we finally reached the southern-most point of Chiba prefecture, and the massive expanse of the Pacific Ocean. Following lunch at a little local restaurant, we returned to the lodge along the coast. By the end we had pedaled 43 km!

The biking was fun and all, but I have to say that the real highlight was bodysurfing in the Pacific. It may have been November, but the water was still incredibly warm. The waves crashed one after another on to the shore, rising larger and larger. My eyes stung, my ears ached, my skin and hair were sticky with salt, and I was having a great time.

1 comment: