Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Wonders of the American Supermarket

While in the US, my family always ends up spending a large amount of time in Whole Foods Market. This vacation has been a prime example. To the best of my knowledge, Whole Foods is not really that different from any other supermarket in America. However, two features not found in Japan have always impressed me:

1. When I was younger, one of my favorite things in America was loading groceries from our shopping cart onto the little conveyer belts at cash registers in supermarkets. It fascinated me that there conveyer belts in supermarkets. I never saw that in Japan.


2. This next item only came to my attention recently. You've got to admit, escalators meant specially for for shopping carts are pretty neat, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment